Saturday : July 11 Short easy walk prior to AGM and gourmet lunch. We will walk from entrance of Lane Cove NP along one side of the river to Epping Rd and then return on the other side of the river. Good bush and river views. Hopefully the nesting ospreys will still be about. Distance: 5-6km Grade:An easy Medium Risk Assessment: Tree roots, mud, road crossing Meeting Point:Walk will commence from Lady Game Drive entry to Lane Cove NP. Suggest parking in the car park just inside the entry and to the right. When we return to the cars, we can continue on to the AGM venue. Leaders:David & Val, 0416170145 Walking:David, Val, Michael, Chris and Effie, Alison, Justin, Wendy, Dave C, Jenny, Peter, Colleen, Pauline, Pam, Greg, Dawn, Christine Y, Mei, Julie, Garry, Sue, Bruce, Jo-Anne, Robyn
AGM DETAILS: 11am Picnic spot No 32 along Max Allen Drive which is on N/E side of Lane Cove River and accessed via the gate off Lady Game Drive. A gourmet lunch will follow the meeting, so please bring some food to share. If you are not planning on walking but intend coming to the meeting, please put your name below, so that you can be contacted, in case we have to change to a different picnic spot within the LCNP. AGM but not walking: Eva, AGM but not Lunch: Peter, Jenny,
Saturday July 4 20 walkers became 18, became 16, became 15, became 9! Some cancellations, one a bit wobbly on the day and then 6 opted for the shorter version at the end. Cool drizzle to start, but became a brilliant winter's day. Great creek walking, forest, upper harbour, views and a good workout all round. Thanks all.
Check out the great walks planned for the rest of 2020
Please remember this is a guide only. Latest walks information are listed on this page in the week prior to the walk.
We are always looking for new walk ideas. If you know a great walk, please sent it to Garry.
Please check out the following guidance.
Based on the current guidelines we are now able conduct outdoor activities such as walking. Outdoor gatherings are still restricted to 20 people. Club activities will be conducted within the following guidelines:
1. We will work strictly within the NSW government guidelines and rules. Our approach will adapt as the easing of restrictions goes through the stages.
2. Arrangements for walks revert to our normal processes.
3. We will not limit the number of walkers interested in a particular walk except for normal safety issues.
4. If you are interested in a walk you need to post your name on the website by Thursday night. This will give the leader sufficient notice to finalise any planning issues.
5. We will continue to do walks that do not entail car shuffling until the restriction are further reduced.
6. It is still a personal choice whether to participate or not.
7. The walks program for the next six months is available from this website.
I look forward to seeing you on the track or at our AGM,
We have booked Abernethy House in the Hunter Valley for our weekend away on 14, 15, 16 August. Further details on arrangements will be forthcoming.
General News & Information
Article at bottom of page re ticks is very informative. Please read. Val does carry a can of stuff to freeze them off on walks, but depending on where you live you might like to obtain your own.
A new program will be prepared for the second half of the year